Our little five-year-old thinks on his feet.
While on the playground a little girl in his class complained to the teacher that he (my son) wouldn't play with her. So the teacher called him over to talk with him about it.
"What's going on?" she asked him. "Why don't you want to play with her?"
"I just don't want to play with her!" he answered.
"Well... what would you do if someone didn't want to play with you? How would you feel?" the teacher added.
Before he could answer she jumped back in- she knew what to say to get him thinking-
"Think about what Jesus would do."
She knew she had him then.
She could see him processing it. He nodded.
"Okay now go on and play- but think about what Jesus would do," she reminded him.
He started to run off to play again then the teacher asked-
"What are you gonna do?"
He turned around and quickly told her with a smile...
"I'm gonna tell her to go play with Jesus!"
Pages
Popular Posts
-
If you have kept up with my posts you already know about our kids' pets: the ever popular Michelle and Michael. For those new readers, M...
-
Today was the first official day of kindergarten for our baby! I didn't cry but as I walked a few steps in front of him, smiling as he ...
-
Seven years ago I began teaching our first born, Spanish. She always had a knack for it- she caught on really fast. She could roll her tongu...
-
I made the mistake of taking our two little ones in with me to try on some clothes. The youngest one is very silly. Before I took my shirt...
-
Well... what did Daddy get for his birthday from the kids? Drum roll please... I have to set this up for you now, you know that. So, I picke...
-
Okay...we've always-well I've always used big girl words with the kids when referencing body parts. Boys don't have "little...
-
Okay I am sure that many parents do this. When you are trying to have a conversation with another adult and you are in the presence of your...
-
Okay. I have been sick for the last few days. I did see a doctor on Friday at one the after-hours, walk-in places. The doctor ruled out the...
-
Our oldest will be transitioning to high school, later this month. Where did the time go? So, she plans to go out for volleyball at her s...
-
Always trying to do good, we decided to apologize to our two kids before nightly prayers. We wanted to show them that adults make mistakes ...
No comments:
Post a Comment