Yesterday we (kids and I) went to Walgreens. I gave them the usual spill-
"You ain't gettin' nothin' so don't ask!" and "Don't touch nothin'!"
I did end up getting something they wanted but it was a good product. The new Plaque Detector for kids- we'd just seen it on TV and Dude said it would be good for them to use, especially for our youngest who spends every bit of 35 seconds brushing his teeth. They saw it and did a good job of selling it.
"Mama. Here is what Daddy was talking about to get us to help us brush. And you know he (pointing to her little brother on the sly) doesn't brush good. You know that Mama," my daughter said.
"Watch it woman!" our son snickered. "I can hear ya!" he added, while eyeing some candy.
I could see his little wheels turning- possibly trying to come up with a reason that candy would be good to get.
"Nope!" I told him when his lips first separated to talk.
"Come on, we gotta go get Du- I mean Daddy from softball practice," I yelled to them while speed walking to the register.
There was just one person in front of us but the cashier took so long that a line had now formed.
Finally it was my turn. I threw in an Almond Joy with the rest of my items.
"How come you get to get sumpin?" our son asked.
"Because I have a job and have money- you don't always have to get something." I told him.
"I can't wait 'till I can be an Edult and buy my own things. I'm gonna buy a lot of stuff," he replied.
"Good! I wish you could buy your own stuff now before you become an Adult."
His sister was fine. She was busy looking at the little products at the register. I was about to get my bag when she said, on full volume-
"Look Mama. This little thing is like a mitten and it says you can use it to shave hair off of ya."
"That's nice baby come on," I smiled to the others in line.
"And you could even use it to get those hairs under your underarms!" she added.
She and her brother had a ball laughing as we walked out the store. I'm sure the people in line did too.
Pages
Popular Posts
-
It's unfortunate but we are going to have to make some adjustments to prayer requests and praying with our seven and nine-year-old. Last...
-
This New Year's Eve the family went to church for Family Communion. Our two little ones are lucky- they don't have to sit in church...
-
So our oldest will be finishing her last year of middle school this year and our youngest will be starting middle school. Big transition fr...
-
I love family night! We try to make sure that we drop everything and read at least one night a week, and we make time to do something fun to...
-
The other day I'm driving along the highway, when an old song comes on the radio. I turn it up and sing along- "It's gettin ...
-
Today was the first day back to school! It was the first day of third grade for our daughter, first day of first grade for our son, first da...
-
Back in December (2013) a 34-year-old South African was in the spotlight for allegedly faking sign language during the memorial for leader,...
-
Lately I have been so busy and school is not back in yet. I mean it's not as if I am not used to being busy but today I got a wake up ca...
-
This blog could actually just be posts about our son's trips to the doctor. I have quite a few posts about that on here over the years. ...
-
I told our two NOT to go to school today and gloat about Obama's victory. On the drive to school I overhear Myles telling his sister th...
No comments:
Post a Comment