Pages

Popular Posts

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Don't Ask for Nothing, Don't Say Nothing, Don't Even Think About Nothing"

My, my, my how things change when a football game comes on. Well when Dallas is playing. Wednesday I had surgery and I have been impressed with how my husband has been taking care of things- including me. He has been so patient. I haven't heard him smack his lips one time, no matter how often I need him and I try not to ask for much.
Today was day four in my recovery from knee surgery. My bandages and wrappings came off today and I could finally take a shower. He was so careful in helping me to get around- at times too careful but appreciated. Once I finished my shower he encouraged me, with a smile, to come sit in the great room with him. He had the ottoman and chair prepared for me. So sweet!
We watched a few shows together and it was nice to hang out. He didn't even ask me to turn it during commercials.
Then... 8:oo pm came! Everything changed.
"Uh, baby, let me get that remote right there!"
I didn't know what was going on. I mean I was capable of pushing buttons on the remote. I'd done it thus far.
"What's going on?" I asked.
"The Cowboys are about to play!" he answered with bass in his voice.
"Oh. I see. Well I don't want to watch so I guess I'll have to go back to the recovery room (our bedroom)."
Before I could ask him to help me up or even reach for my crutches, he was there moving the ottoman.
"Uh, can you please let me lift my leg from the ottoman first?" I screeched.
He helped lift my leg with one hand then moved the ottoman back with another- to help me leave. Normally, he moves really slow- almost in slow motion. Not this time.
"I ain't gettin' no attention now am I?" I asked.
He didn't answer... because he was already tuned into the game. Well it was the intro.
I knew not to ask for nothing, say nothing, not to think about nothing, for the next two to three hours.
God forbid they lose.

No comments: