Pages

Popular Posts

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Allergies?

Feeling embarrassed. How did I not know our oldest has severe allergic reactions to graham crackers. 
Let me tell you how I found out.
So I'm sitting with two other moms at our daughters' tennis match, and during a break, before they transitioned to doubles I see the players petting an onlooker's puppy.

"Oh no," I commented. "She's gonna mess around and rub her eyes after rubbing that puppy and start sneezing."

"So what is she allergic to?" one mom asked me.

"Well she has seasonal allergies mostly but she can be sensitive to pet hair sometimes too," I answered.

"What about graham crackers?" she asked.

"Naw. Not graham crackers," I chuckled. What in the world, I thought. That's a weird question.

Moment of silence. Then,

"Oh my gosh, I felt so bad! My daughter said she shared some cheesecake I made with some of the girls on the team and she said your daughter had a reaction to the graham cracker crust," she informed me.

She said my daughter, told her daughter that she'd "better be glad she didn't have to pull her epi-pen out."

What!!!!

She's good. She's really good. But why didn't she just say she didn't like it.

No comments: