Pages
Popular Posts
-
It's unfortunate but we are going to have to make some adjustments to prayer requests and praying with our seven and nine-year-old. Last...
-
Back in December (2013) a 34-year-old South African was in the spotlight for allegedly faking sign language during the memorial for leader,...
-
I love family night! We try to make sure that we drop everything and read at least one night a week, and we make time to do something fun to...
-
It's Christmas Eve! It is killing our son to have to wait until morning to open his gifts. He just grabbed a candy cane from the tree an...
-
Okay, our son will start fifth grade in August. The Genesis of this blog was when he was three and his sister was five. They were so funny. ...
-
So our oldest will be finishing her last year of middle school this year and our youngest will be starting middle school. Big transition fr...
-
The other day I'm driving along the highway, when an old song comes on the radio. I turn it up and sing along- "It's gettin ...
-
Our little seven-year-old has been slow about losing those teeth of his. I've been longing to see the two front ones come out so I can t...
-
If you listen to kids you can always learn something new! Last night we were pulling out of the driveway when we saw this beautiful display...
-
I have to replace my brow technician. Yes, the place is two stoplights and a railroad track away but it's time. Now I have to take so...
Sunday, February 24, 2013
A Normal Day
I was so excited about today! Both kids CHOSE to be baptized!
The day started off a little... normal.
Daddy and I were humming around the house, as we prepared for church. I felt flutters as I sped up to make sure we got on the road promptly. It was as if I were being baptized.
The kids, on the other hand, were... normal.
I really couldn't understand why they were quarreling. (This words sounds a little better on a Sunday morning)
"Break that up please," I told Daddy.
I have to admit, I was a little concerned about how the oldest would do during her baptism. Yes she is eleven BUT, you would have to read my old blogs to understand. She was the reason I started blogging in 2006. She was five then. I really should have started blogging once we brought her home from the hospital.
Myriad memories flashed across the windshield as we drove to church. She lifted her head at just one week young. Just shy of her second birthday her brother was born. She was reprimanded for something as she got into the van in the parking lot of Babies R Expensive. We were too big to take on she slapped her newborn brother as she plopped down in her car seat and crossed her plump legs. At three she got into my Maxi pads and put one on, then walked out into the great room while I entertained a friend from church who was there to promote Pampered Chef. She stood in the middle of the room and pulled the strip out and gave it to the lady. I didn't buy anything and now that I think about it she never called back to set up that party. At four she ran around the foyer of the church singing "It's Gettin' Hot in Here, So take off..." That was my fault. But hey, I got tired of listening to CDs of Barney in the car. It was my radio! Also at four, she would not ring her bell during the kids' singing of songs during a Christmas play. She kept it in her elf hat until the other kids stopped singing. She rang that bell and belted out the wrong words to that song! The stories are endless.
So you see why I had some concerns. I'm proud to say she and her brother were baptized without any problems today! While the other two females changed afterwards and remarked about the experience, she simply asked,"Mama. Are you gonna dry my hair and put it back like Cleopatra?" I just smiled and hoped the other ladies didn't hear it. "Come on," I sweetly said. Pinching Helping her out the door.
So after an adventurous day, it is time for us to prepare for Monday.
"Someone get in the shower!" I yelled to them.
I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was the sweet, innocent, youngest. "I gotta take a bath? But I was just baptized."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment