I haven't written in a few months but that certainly doesn't mean that nothing has happened. We put away the vertically-challenged Mario and fitted Luigi costumes. I'm hoping to sneak them out of the bin when the kids aren't looking, and donate them to Goodwill. I can hear the kids inquiring about them next year, "Did you sell our costumes?" I've had maybe three yard sales and consigned toys and clothes a few times and they treat me like a crackhead!
November came and ushered in the biggest shopping day of the year- Black Friday! We've never talked to the kids about this day. I thought it was pretty simple- people break their necks to take advantage of supposed huge mark downs. I mean it's shopping!
Well our youngest obviously didn't understand all of this. He came up with his own meaning. One of his classmates told their teacher while waiting to go home for Thanksgiving break, "I can't wait for Black Friday!" "Really? Why is that?" she replied. He couldn't believe she didn't know about Black Friday. "Well he (pointing at our son) told us in class that Black Friday is when all the Black people get to go buy things really really cheap!"
Pages
Popular Posts
-
It's unfortunate but we are going to have to make some adjustments to prayer requests and praying with our seven and nine-year-old. Last...
-
Back in December (2013) a 34-year-old South African was in the spotlight for allegedly faking sign language during the memorial for leader,...
-
I love family night! We try to make sure that we drop everything and read at least one night a week, and we make time to do something fun to...
-
So our oldest will be finishing her last year of middle school this year and our youngest will be starting middle school. Big transition fr...
-
It's Christmas Eve! It is killing our son to have to wait until morning to open his gifts. He just grabbed a candy cane from the tree an...
-
Okay, our son will start fifth grade in August. The Genesis of this blog was when he was three and his sister was five. They were so funny. ...
-
The other day I'm driving along the highway, when an old song comes on the radio. I turn it up and sing along- "It's gettin ...
-
Our little seven-year-old has been slow about losing those teeth of his. I've been longing to see the two front ones come out so I can t...
-
If you listen to kids you can always learn something new! Last night we were pulling out of the driveway when we saw this beautiful display...
-
I have to replace my brow technician. Yes, the place is two stoplights and a railroad track away but it's time. Now I have to take so...
No comments:
Post a Comment