We (kids and I) are riding back from running errands, and they are just playing entirely too much. "STOP!!" I raise my voice. "Y'all are acting like you don't know any better. You aren't outside!"
I hear them snickering in the back seat.
Five minutes later they are back at it. It's as if they don't get spankings sometimes. I guess I don't give 'em good enough. Or they know when I am driving I can't do much.
"Okay. I was stopping at McDonald's but you can hang it up now. We are eating at home!"
"Yippee!" my seven-year-old yells.
I looked up in the mirror- shocked. No she didn't.
"And you aren't watching any TV when we get back- you're gonna get busy doing some work!" (right back at her with her little smart self)
"Yippee!" she cheered again.
I pressed my foot on that gas- couldn't wait to get home.
"And I am gonna whip your little butt- now yippee that!"
Didn't hear a sound the rest of the way home.
Pages
Popular Posts
-
If you have kept up with my posts you already know about our kids' pets: the ever popular Michelle and Michael. For those new readers, M...
-
Today was the first official day of kindergarten for our baby! I didn't cry but as I walked a few steps in front of him, smiling as he ...
-
Okay... the whole presidential election is just getting to be too much. I can't wait for November 5th to get here. It really is the bi...
-
We were riding home after eating out and "Dude" spends about five minutes threatening our youngest, Myles. All about what he will...
-
I love holidays! Especially Christmas! Enjoy giving gifts and putting a smile one someone's face. I get more joy out of giving than rec...
-
Our oldest will be transitioning to high school, later this month. Where did the time go? So, she plans to go out for volleyball at her s...
-
Always trying to do good, we decided to apologize to our two kids before nightly prayers. We wanted to show them that adults make mistakes ...
-
I have told our daughter myriad times that her brother does and says things just to get under her skin. "But Mama...(looking at her ski...
-
Yesterday we had a few people get baptized during church. Three of them were youngsters in our daughter's youth class at church. So I br...
-
"Mama. What does milk it mean?" our son asked. My eyebrows wrinkled before answering him. How in the world did he know about that?...
No comments:
Post a Comment