Okay I'm thinking I should go wake my seven-year-old up and get her. Earlier today, I fussed her out about taking so long to get her homework done. She was playing around way too much and I was trying to multi-task so much so that I did not pay enough attention until the end. Anywho... after I fussed her out I went back to cooking dinner and heard her having a convenient conversation with her make believe friend, Wilbur.
"Wilbur don't say that about my mama!" she said sternly.
She then paused for a moment for "Wilbur" to respond.
"Oh no you didn't call my mom- I'm not gonna let you say that about her!"
I didn't say a word. I went on about my business and didn't even let on that I heard this conversation.
But I thought about it more and I told Dude about it and he laughed a little too hard. So much so that I really want to get her.
Make believe friend my butt!
Pages
Popular Posts
-
On December 25th, 2006 the Godfather of Soul, James Brown passed on. Believe it or not, two other shining stars were lost on the same day bu...
-
This New Year's Eve the family went to church for Family Communion. Our two little ones are lucky- they don't have to sit in church...
-
Our little seven-year-old has been slow about losing those teeth of his. I've been longing to see the two front ones come out so I can t...
-
I was expecting a phone call. Maybe a visit from my administrator. I'd bitten my nails down too far. Not knowing if there would be reper...
-
Today was the first day back to school! It was the first day of third grade for our daughter, first day of first grade for our son, first da...
-
Bedtime tonight was such a hoot. Our son didn't have a good day at daycare today, but our daughter got an "O" for Outstanding...
-
I thought I hurt Wilbur enough in the car a few months ago, enough that he would not be heard from again. I was wrong. So Dude (he's bee...
-
Daddy and I are just not great at having "serious" discussions with our kids. We have good intentions... believe me. But then that...
-
We celebrated Dude's birthday a few days ago! The kids and our babysitter made a cute little banner that they hung on the garage door. I...
-
White boots with the orange wheels and a little pom-pom in front of the stopper! I had to have 'em. I jumped out my van. "How much...
No comments:
Post a Comment