Our little five-year-old thinks on his feet.
While on the playground a little girl in his class complained to the teacher that he (my son) wouldn't play with her. So the teacher called him over to talk with him about it.
"What's going on?" she asked him. "Why don't you want to play with her?"
"I just don't want to play with her!" he answered.
"Well... what would you do if someone didn't want to play with you? How would you feel?" the teacher added.
Before he could answer she jumped back in- she knew what to say to get him thinking-
"Think about what Jesus would do."
She knew she had him then.
She could see him processing it. He nodded.
"Okay now go on and play- but think about what Jesus would do," she reminded him.
He started to run off to play again then the teacher asked-
"What are you gonna do?"
He turned around and quickly told her with a smile...
"I'm gonna tell her to go play with Jesus!"
Pages
Popular Posts
-
Cleaning out the refrigerator- my husband grabs, what looks like a liter of Root Beer soda from the second shelf. I was just about to say t...
-
Every now and again I temporarily lose my sanity. I allow the two little ones to "raise my blood pressure" as my older relative us...
-
Back in December (2013) a 34-year-old South African was in the spotlight for allegedly faking sign language during the memorial for leader,...
-
My memory isn't what it used to be but it was pretty good when I was younger. Spending summers at my Godmother's house helped with ...
-
It's unfortunate but we are going to have to make some adjustments to prayer requests and praying with our seven and nine-year-old. Last...
-
Okay I am sure that many parents do this. When you are trying to have a conversation with another adult and you are in the presence of your...
-
Our two kids get things confused all the time. They think that things that apply to them and how they respond to us, also applies with them ...
-
You gotta listen in on kids' conversations. I'm on the computer and I overhear our two talking. Myles casually tells his sister, ...
-
Happy Mother's Day to all mothers reading this post! All I wanted today was to be able to do nothing- just to relax and not worry about...
-
I've had to tell my six-year-old, "umpteen" (my mom used that word a lot when I was younger) times that he weighed almost ten ...
No comments:
Post a Comment