My son's kindergarten teacher smiled as she told me about circle/reading time in their class.
"I'm reading this story and I come up on the word 'gossip', she begins. "So I asked the class if anyone knew what it meant."
At this point I smile with her, thinking they are all a bunch of five-year-olds, who will come up with a crazy definition for the word- plus she is smiling too.
She continues on. "Well, Myles (a definite mama's boy) raises his hand and says he knows what it means."
At this point she rubs my shoulder ever so gently.
My little man rats me out. He tells the teachers and class, "Yes my mama do that."
The teacher laughs and says, "We asked him if you talk about us."
I try to think quickly without showing it. I didn't remember talking about them- at least not in his little presence. I mean we know he and his sister are nosey, and we can't spell things out- either our little seven-year-old precocious child will get it or Dude will spell the wrong word (earlier post).
He told them that, "She gossips about Daddy."
My smile turned upside down. I was busted.
Pages
Popular Posts
-
I love family night! We try to make sure that we drop everything and read at least one night a week, and we make time to do something fun to...
-
It's unfortunate but we are going to have to make some adjustments to prayer requests and praying with our seven and nine-year-old. Last...
-
This New Year's Eve the family went to church for Family Communion. Our two little ones are lucky- they don't have to sit in church...
-
This blog could actually just be posts about our son's trips to the doctor. I have quite a few posts about that on here over the years. ...
-
Turning forty-one has been fabulous and amusing! I have finally learned to relax and not worry so much about some of the trivial things. Unf...
-
I've previously mentioned that this our kids' first time ever riding the bus to school since I no longer work at their school. I...
-
Daddy and I have really been trying to stay healthy. We have cut back on breads, fried foods and sweets. Maybe I should stop with the French...
-
So our oldest will be finishing her last year of middle school this year and our youngest will be starting middle school. Big transition fr...
-
Unfortunately, we had to drive down to the Eastern part of NC for a funeral/Celebration of Life for our former pastor and friend. It was gre...
-
Earlier this year one of my students, who has been in the country less than a year, innocently asked, "What is A Deez Nuts?" Th...
No comments:
Post a Comment