This will not be a long post. Doesn't need to be. I've gotta learn to be specific when I talk to our kids, and remember that things that are important to them just may not be able to wait.
Our son was really excited to show me something he received at school today and it was Friday so I should have been cognizant of that and how that could add to excitement and IMpatience.
As soon as he slides the door to get into the van, he begins talking.
"Guess what I got today?"
"Uh... and hey how are you?" I responded.
"Oh, hey!" he rushed. "But you gotta see it," he continued.
By this time his sister was sliding the door open to get in.
And they were off!
"You saw me coming but you slid the door shut!" she said.
"And how are you baby girl?" I routinely asked.
"Fine Mama and I was on green today," she rushed so she could get back to her brother.
I waved bye to the crossing guard, pushed the button to let the windows up so I could add my five cents to this little dispute trying to brew and drove out of the school parking lot.
After my speech I turned onto the highway to get home.
"I gotta show you what I got today!" our son shouted from the middle row.
"You're not thinking son. I am driving so I can't turn back to see it."
His little seven-year-young, thinking skills kicked in. In one quick move he unhooked his seat belt and put his huge comic book maker in my face. About one inch away.
"See Mama!"
So if you saw a white mini-van on I-40, near Kernersville, around 2:40 pm swerving... it was me.
Pages
Popular Posts
-
I love family night! We try to make sure that we drop everything and read at least one night a week, and we make time to do something fun to...
-
It's unfortunate but we are going to have to make some adjustments to prayer requests and praying with our seven and nine-year-old. Last...
-
This New Year's Eve the family went to church for Family Communion. Our two little ones are lucky- they don't have to sit in church...
-
This blog could actually just be posts about our son's trips to the doctor. I have quite a few posts about that on here over the years. ...
-
Turning forty-one has been fabulous and amusing! I have finally learned to relax and not worry so much about some of the trivial things. Unf...
-
I've previously mentioned that this our kids' first time ever riding the bus to school since I no longer work at their school. I...
-
Daddy and I have really been trying to stay healthy. We have cut back on breads, fried foods and sweets. Maybe I should stop with the French...
-
So our oldest will be finishing her last year of middle school this year and our youngest will be starting middle school. Big transition fr...
-
Unfortunately, we had to drive down to the Eastern part of NC for a funeral/Celebration of Life for our former pastor and friend. It was gre...
-
Earlier this year one of my students, who has been in the country less than a year, innocently asked, "What is A Deez Nuts?" Th...
1 comment:
I like the afterschool pickup tales.
Post a Comment