I've had to tell my six-year-old, "umpteen" (my mom used that word a lot when I was younger) times that he weighed almost ten pounds at birth and his sister was almost nine pounds. I mean I'm not gonna have a tiny waist and flat tummy anymore. That area is now referred to as "You two did this!" When I am changing and they make faces.
Well we were watching television and a commercial came on. It was a commercial advertising that product for slimming your stomach and waist areas- kind of like a girdle. Well the little six-year-old with the bad memory immediately looked over at me half-way through the commercial. Before he could say a word, I said, "Say something and I promise you that I will tell all of your little friends that you are afraid of Santa Claus and the Chick-Fil-A cow!"
Pages
Popular Posts
-
On December 25th, 2006 the Godfather of Soul, James Brown passed on. Believe it or not, two other shining stars were lost on the same day bu...
-
I got really good laugh today! I posted, on Facebook, for my status that I was gonna have to lay the right-hand of fellowship on my kids. ...
-
I was expecting a phone call. Maybe a visit from my administrator. I'd bitten my nails down too far. Not knowing if there would be reper...
-
Today was the first day back to school! It was the first day of third grade for our daughter, first day of first grade for our son, first da...
-
My memory isn't what it used to be but it was pretty good when I was younger. Spending summers at my Godmother's house helped with ...
-
Bedtime tonight was such a hoot. Our son didn't have a good day at daycare today, but our daughter got an "O" for Outstanding...
-
I thought I hurt Wilbur enough in the car a few months ago, enough that he would not be heard from again. I was wrong. So Dude (he's bee...
-
We celebrated Dude's birthday a few days ago! The kids and our babysitter made a cute little banner that they hung on the garage door. I...
-
White boots with the orange wheels and a little pom-pom in front of the stopper! I had to have 'em. I jumped out my van. "How much...
-
Yesterday Dude was doing some yard work with our son... well I guess our son was just out there with him. He would run in and out giving my ...
No comments:
Post a Comment