In case any readers aren't aware... I work at my kids' school. My son's kindergarten class is two doors down, on the opposite side, from my room. It's not that I need to have him close- it just worked out that way.
I'm not sure what he did but one of his teachers tells me today that while reprimanding him, he would not look at her.
"Look at me," she told him.
She said he continued to look beside her as if someone else was there.
She told him a second time to look at her when she was talking to him and he didn't. He didn't say anything either.
So she remembered a while back she had to get on him and threatened to call Daddy. He called her bluff so she pretended to dial Daddy's number.
"I know your daddy's cell phone number," she told him and pushed one button. He quickly got himself together.
Remembering this she was now using it again.
"Okay. You can't look at me- I'm calling your daddy!"
Still not looking at her, he finally speaks-
"My mama work here. You can talk to her."
I know the teacher was shocked, baffled, hot!
She reached for her phone.
"I'm calling your daddy," she told him.
He calmly, without any additional hesitation, and without speaking... looked at her.
I've always said I was NOT gonna be the easy going parent. The one the kids would rather go to when they are in trouble. This made me look bad. And believe it or not, I do spank him when needed. Guess my bark must be bigger than my bite.
Pages
Popular Posts
-
On December 25th, 2006 the Godfather of Soul, James Brown passed on. Believe it or not, two other shining stars were lost on the same day bu...
-
This New Year's Eve the family went to church for Family Communion. Our two little ones are lucky- they don't have to sit in church...
-
I got really good laugh today! I posted, on Facebook, for my status that I was gonna have to lay the right-hand of fellowship on my kids. ...
-
I was expecting a phone call. Maybe a visit from my administrator. I'd bitten my nails down too far. Not knowing if there would be reper...
-
Today was the first day back to school! It was the first day of third grade for our daughter, first day of first grade for our son, first da...
-
My memory isn't what it used to be but it was pretty good when I was younger. Spending summers at my Godmother's house helped with ...
-
Bedtime tonight was such a hoot. Our son didn't have a good day at daycare today, but our daughter got an "O" for Outstanding...
-
I thought I hurt Wilbur enough in the car a few months ago, enough that he would not be heard from again. I was wrong. So Dude (he's bee...
-
Daddy and I are just not great at having "serious" discussions with our kids. We have good intentions... believe me. But then that...
-
Don't think because I have not written in a few weeks that we have not had any comedy in our home. Nope. I'm not sure if there is ...
No comments:
Post a Comment