Pages
Popular Posts
-
I love family night! We try to make sure that we drop everything and read at least one night a week, and we make time to do something fun to...
-
It's unfortunate but we are going to have to make some adjustments to prayer requests and praying with our seven and nine-year-old. Last...
-
This New Year's Eve the family went to church for Family Communion. Our two little ones are lucky- they don't have to sit in church...
-
This blog could actually just be posts about our son's trips to the doctor. I have quite a few posts about that on here over the years. ...
-
Turning forty-one has been fabulous and amusing! I have finally learned to relax and not worry so much about some of the trivial things. Unf...
-
I've previously mentioned that this our kids' first time ever riding the bus to school since I no longer work at their school. I...
-
Daddy and I have really been trying to stay healthy. We have cut back on breads, fried foods and sweets. Maybe I should stop with the French...
-
So our oldest will be finishing her last year of middle school this year and our youngest will be starting middle school. Big transition fr...
-
Unfortunately, we had to drive down to the Eastern part of NC for a funeral/Celebration of Life for our former pastor and friend. It was gre...
-
Earlier this year one of my students, who has been in the country less than a year, innocently asked, "What is A Deez Nuts?" Th...
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Shower Scenes
Not sure why but our son still has problems with the shower.
Tonight we reminded him to take a shower... a few times.
"I don't like 'em," he softly said.
His honesty caught me off guard. But so did a quick thought:
"You don't want to be the stinky boy at school!"
Like water from showers he should be taking, the conversation began going down the drain.
"I just don't like taking them. They take too much time," he added.
So Daddy threatened him...
"You don't want me to sit in the bathroom again to make sure you take a shower."
Last time that happened, I overheard more than water running as our son casually and comfortably said,
"Daddy! You know I got some hair down here!"
He wasn't talking about hair in the drain either.
And Daddy casually replied, "Really"
"Yes Daddy. You know down here on that round thang. Some boys at school call them balls but they don't look like balls 'cause it looks like, you know, one- not two with an "s"." There was a pause, then I heard him step out of the shower. "See Daddy. This-"
"Just hurry up and wash yourself man!," Daddy told him with a little more urgency in his voice.
Interrupting the memory, Daddy warned him about the little girls at school. Thinking this would give him more reason to embrace t showers.
"The little girls at school are gonna talk about you."
Shaking his head confidently he replied, "Nah... they won't."
"GO TAKE A SHOWER DUDE!" We both shouted.
He reluctantly walked to the shower. Head down, saying, "I don't know why everybody make a big deal about showers."
After the shower we asked, "Did you brush your teeth?"
He threw his hands up in despair. "Take showers. Brush your teeth."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment