I'm not sure if my five-year-old will want to take a bubble bath for awhile. I ran his water last night and he was jumping around saying, "Bubbles, Bubbles!"
Well I didn't have any and I just wanted him to get in the tub so I could get some peace. So I did what any, Black person who grew up in the 70's and 80's would have done... I got the next best thing- some dish detergent.
"Stop jumping around and go get mommy the dish detergent from the sink in the kitchen," I told him.
He stopped. Thought about it and had a peculiar look on his face.
He slowly walked in looking at the blue Dawn liquid.
"Mommy what are you gonna do with-?"
I squeezed some in the running water.
I mean I didn't think anything of it. I remember my grandma putting washing POWDER like Tide in my water back in the day. Getting the real deal was a treat!
"Go on and get in," I coaxed.
He was confused so I just nicely helped him in. I had things to do.
I went around the corner and peeked at him. I had to put my hand over my mouth so he wouldn't hear me laughing.
He sat there with his mouth open- bewildered, confused- he had every look in the book.
I didn't hear any splashing for several minutes like I usually did when he was in the tub.
Needless to say he didn't stay in long.
Pages
Popular Posts
-
I love family night! We try to make sure that we drop everything and read at least one night a week, and we make time to do something fun to...
-
It's unfortunate but we are going to have to make some adjustments to prayer requests and praying with our seven and nine-year-old. Last...
-
Turning forty-one has been fabulous and amusing! I have finally learned to relax and not worry so much about some of the trivial things. Unf...
-
Daddy and I have really been trying to stay healthy. We have cut back on breads, fried foods and sweets. Maybe I should stop with the French...
-
Lately I have been so busy and school is not back in yet. I mean it's not as if I am not used to being busy but today I got a wake up ca...
-
This New Year's Eve the family went to church for Family Communion. Our two little ones are lucky- they don't have to sit in church...
-
Earlier this year one of my students, who has been in the country less than a year, innocently asked, "What is A Deez Nuts?" Th...
-
I've previously mentioned that this our kids' first time ever riding the bus to school since I no longer work at their school. I...
-
This blog could actually just be posts about our son's trips to the doctor. I have quite a few posts about that on here over the years. ...
-
So our oldest will be finishing her last year of middle school this year and our youngest will be starting middle school. Big transition fr...
No comments:
Post a Comment