Another school year has flew by! Our two little ones are getting older. Growing taller.
Our daughter just finished second grade, while her brother finished kindergarten. Where does the time go?
Yes he graduated from kindergarten yesterday! It was bitter sweet for me. I watched him sleep for a few minutes before waking him up to get dressed. He still sleeps the same way- on his back with his mouth slightly opened. His arms are always up over his head. Same cute, little toes I used to kiss on, especially right after his bath. As I continued to watch him I thought about how quiet he used to be. But he always watched his sister- taking it all in I guess.
I woke him gently just before a tear rolled down my face.
"Last day buddy! Let's get up and wash your face!" I told him.
Daddy dressed him so cute: Carolina blue and white vest with his khaki pants.
So many people commented on how cute he looked in his outfit.
"I like what you are wearing. You look really nice!" one teacher told him.
He flared his nostrils and instead of just thanking her he replied,
"My mama made me wear this."
I did say that he USED to be quiet.
Pages
Popular Posts
-
I love family night! We try to make sure that we drop everything and read at least one night a week, and we make time to do something fun to...
-
It's unfortunate but we are going to have to make some adjustments to prayer requests and praying with our seven and nine-year-old. Last...
-
Turning forty-one has been fabulous and amusing! I have finally learned to relax and not worry so much about some of the trivial things. Unf...
-
Daddy and I have really been trying to stay healthy. We have cut back on breads, fried foods and sweets. Maybe I should stop with the French...
-
Lately I have been so busy and school is not back in yet. I mean it's not as if I am not used to being busy but today I got a wake up ca...
-
This New Year's Eve the family went to church for Family Communion. Our two little ones are lucky- they don't have to sit in church...
-
Earlier this year one of my students, who has been in the country less than a year, innocently asked, "What is A Deez Nuts?" Th...
-
I've previously mentioned that this our kids' first time ever riding the bus to school since I no longer work at their school. I...
-
This blog could actually just be posts about our son's trips to the doctor. I have quite a few posts about that on here over the years. ...
-
So our oldest will be finishing her last year of middle school this year and our youngest will be starting middle school. Big transition fr...
No comments:
Post a Comment