Okay I have to just come clean. I did it! I finally did it! It had been building up for some time now and I may have mentioned earlier that I wanted to get her.
I mean she had been under the radar far too long. Always having something to say but not big enough to hang around to back it up. Coming around at inconvenient times.
I had been waiting for the right moment to get her! I knew I needed a somewhat confined place.
I seized my opportunity... in the van!
We were coming up the hill, just a block or two away from the house when she opened that mouth again. I didn't hear her but her best friend did and reacted to her. I'd just finished fussing about the kids cleaning their rooms when we got home.
"What? I know you don't like cleaning either but you can't say that about my mama," my daughter giggled, while peering at me in my mirror.
I knew they were talking about me and they wanted to make sure I was listening.
Well I was and it was on.
I smiled and asked my daughter to let her buddy come sit up front beside me.
I could see skepticism in her eyes but she coerced her to go.
When I thought she was in the seat I bopped her close to her mouth- several times. Before she could catch her breath I started choking her off! I swerved a little but quickly got back across the yellow lines.
It felt GRRRRRRReat! And I wasn't done. I saw my pocket book nearby so I hit her a few times with it.
Our son laughed so hard!
His sister was speechless for once.
She didn't say anything until we pulled into the garage.
"Mama we should probably take Wilbur to the hospital."
I was in too deep now. I continued to play the game right along with my daugther.
"We can't. She not on our insurance," I told her.
The next day, I asked her (daughter) where Wilbur was. I thought surely I'd gotten rid of her.
"She's in the back seat with a cast on her neck!" she screeched. "Thanks to mama!"
She looked at me funny in the mirror. For a minute I felt crazy for going there over a make-believe friend.
I looked back at her in the mirror-
"Well that can happen to anyone. Real people too!"
Pages
Popular Posts
-
I love family night! We try to make sure that we drop everything and read at least one night a week, and we make time to do something fun to...
-
It's unfortunate but we are going to have to make some adjustments to prayer requests and praying with our seven and nine-year-old. Last...
-
This New Year's Eve the family went to church for Family Communion. Our two little ones are lucky- they don't have to sit in church...
-
This blog could actually just be posts about our son's trips to the doctor. I have quite a few posts about that on here over the years. ...
-
Turning forty-one has been fabulous and amusing! I have finally learned to relax and not worry so much about some of the trivial things. Unf...
-
I've previously mentioned that this our kids' first time ever riding the bus to school since I no longer work at their school. I...
-
Daddy and I have really been trying to stay healthy. We have cut back on breads, fried foods and sweets. Maybe I should stop with the French...
-
So our oldest will be finishing her last year of middle school this year and our youngest will be starting middle school. Big transition fr...
-
Unfortunately, we had to drive down to the Eastern part of NC for a funeral/Celebration of Life for our former pastor and friend. It was gre...
-
Earlier this year one of my students, who has been in the country less than a year, innocently asked, "What is A Deez Nuts?" Th...
No comments:
Post a Comment