I braced myself. Sweat began forming on my forehead. It is ridiculous what kids learn at such an early age. I can understand why parents want to home school their kids.
"Go on and tell mommy what you told me," daddy said to Myles.
Myles looked down in shame.
"Myles told me that he learned some curse words at school," daddy told me.
OMG! I thought.
"Go on and tell her Myles," daddy urged. "We won't spank you."
I took a deep breath in.
Then he tells me all four "curse" words.
"Zip-It!" he says making the motion with his hands and mouth.
The other three were: shut-it, shut-up and finally stupid.
I finally exhaled.
Daddy and I looked at each other, trying not to laugh.
"Maurissa knows the words too," Myles said.
This prompted an argument between the two of them.
"Okay, okay- just wait a minute!" I interrupted.
"You two know that we do not use "bad" words, no matter where we are," I warned them.
They were silent.
Pages
Popular Posts
-
On December 25th, 2006 the Godfather of Soul, James Brown passed on. Believe it or not, two other shining stars were lost on the same day bu...
-
This New Year's Eve the family went to church for Family Communion. Our two little ones are lucky- they don't have to sit in church...
-
Our little seven-year-old has been slow about losing those teeth of his. I've been longing to see the two front ones come out so I can t...
-
I was expecting a phone call. Maybe a visit from my administrator. I'd bitten my nails down too far. Not knowing if there would be reper...
-
Today was the first day back to school! It was the first day of third grade for our daughter, first day of first grade for our son, first da...
-
Bedtime tonight was such a hoot. Our son didn't have a good day at daycare today, but our daughter got an "O" for Outstanding...
-
I thought I hurt Wilbur enough in the car a few months ago, enough that he would not be heard from again. I was wrong. So Dude (he's bee...
-
Daddy and I are just not great at having "serious" discussions with our kids. We have good intentions... believe me. But then that...
-
We celebrated Dude's birthday a few days ago! The kids and our babysitter made a cute little banner that they hung on the garage door. I...
-
White boots with the orange wheels and a little pom-pom in front of the stopper! I had to have 'em. I jumped out my van. "How much...
No comments:
Post a Comment