Our son was sick yesterday and had a high fever. I could not get it down so we took him to the emergency room (it was after hours). Every five minutes he asked if he was going to have to get a shot.
"Myles let her put your arm band on," I said (referring to the lady who registered him).
"Is she gonna give me a shot?" he asked before offering his arm.
At this point I had to say something to relax him-
"Oh of course not. You are done with all of your shots buddy!"
When we finally get to the back to the nurse triage, he was still hesitant about things.
"Come on up here so I can get your weight," the nurse said.
He looked back at me.
"She would get in trouble to if she had a needle," I reassured him.
He finally relaxed too much once she sat down to enter information in her computer.
"Uh, you gotta back up, Myles, she doesn't need any help finding the keys."
I'm surprised she didn't say anything- he was right on her.
She went through the spill about allergies, any medicines and any concerns.
"Well, no one has ever said anything but there were a few times when he has come to the hospital and he was given albuterol and breathing treatments. I know that is for asthma right?" I asked.
"Well, his doctor would have to be the one to diagnose him," she replied.
Myles jumps on my lap and covers his face-
"The doctor is gonna dye my nose, mommy?"
Diagnose... dye his nose- I guess I can see why he thought that.
Pages
Popular Posts
-
I love family night! We try to make sure that we drop everything and read at least one night a week, and we make time to do something fun to...
-
It's unfortunate but we are going to have to make some adjustments to prayer requests and praying with our seven and nine-year-old. Last...
-
This New Year's Eve the family went to church for Family Communion. Our two little ones are lucky- they don't have to sit in church...
-
This blog could actually just be posts about our son's trips to the doctor. I have quite a few posts about that on here over the years. ...
-
Turning forty-one has been fabulous and amusing! I have finally learned to relax and not worry so much about some of the trivial things. Unf...
-
I've previously mentioned that this our kids' first time ever riding the bus to school since I no longer work at their school. I...
-
Daddy and I have really been trying to stay healthy. We have cut back on breads, fried foods and sweets. Maybe I should stop with the French...
-
So our oldest will be finishing her last year of middle school this year and our youngest will be starting middle school. Big transition fr...
-
Unfortunately, we had to drive down to the Eastern part of NC for a funeral/Celebration of Life for our former pastor and friend. It was gre...
-
Earlier this year one of my students, who has been in the country less than a year, innocently asked, "What is A Deez Nuts?" Th...
No comments:
Post a Comment